Domestic Relations

Domestic Relations

Domestic Relations is a division of the Circuit Court in which primarily divorces are filed. Clerk’s Office employees cannot give you legal advice. We strongly recommend that you consult an attorney before filing court documents. If you decide to file a divorce on your own (pro se) we will not refuse your filing, but we cannot advise you how to complete your documents.

Instructions for Filing a Divorce

Our office does not have “fill in the blank” forms for many of the pleadings which are required to be filed. For Assistance or to obtain forms you may go to the website established by the Alabama State Bar Association: www.AlabamaLegalHelp.org. Forms can also be obtained from our website http://eforms.alacourt.gov/default.aspx or the internet.

Upon paying costs of $249.00 cash, your divorce will be assigned a case number and a judge.

All signatures must be signed in front of a notary public

Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support

Effective January 1, 1994, when any order of Child Support is entered, the Withholding Order payment of Child Support shall be served immediately, unless the parties have reached an alternative agreement and the judge approves such agreement.

Fee Chart

Fee DescriptionFee at Filing

Domestic Relations Docket Fee:$249.00

Modify/Enforce (Contempt):$352.00


Income Withholding Filing Fee:$28.00

Withholding Termination Fee:$28.00


Certified Mail - When requesting service wherein the address provided is a post office box, or is out of state, the papers may be served by certified mail. You should prepare an envelope, green card, and green and white sticker. Be sure that the Clerk's address is the return address, to-wit: Calhoun COUNTY CIRCUIT CLERK, 25 West 11th St. Suite 500, Anniston, AL 36201. You must affix the proper postage onto the prepared envelope. Certified mail fee at this time is as follows: Restricted Delivery, $11.86, however, you must be sure that you allow for additional weight, which is $0.22 per additional ounce.

Calhoun County Circuit Clerk’s Office
25 West 11th St., Suite 500
Anniston, AL 36201
Domestic Relations Division: 256-231-1740 | 256-231-1741

Petitions for Protection from Abuse are initiated by visiting Victim's Services in the DA's office on 2nd floor of the Calhoun County Courthouse. They will ask you questions about your situation and give you forms to complete. There you will be assigned a case number and a judge who will review your petition and take testimony. A copy will be issued by our office to the Defendant. It will be served on the Defendant by Sheriff. You should avoid all contact with the Defendant.

Helpful Forms & Downloads: http://eforms.alacourt.gov/Civil%20Forms/Forms/AllItems.aspx

(Petition for Protection From Abuse Form C-2, Form C-3, Form C-4, Form C-2A, Cover Sheet)

Contact Information:
Calhoun County Circuit Clerk’s Office
25 West 11th St. Suite 500
Anniston, AL 36201
Victim's Services: 256-231-1741 | 256-231-1770